A Metalsmiths Thank You
10 things to make a metalsmith smile
- When the hammer hits exactly where you intended it to, with exactly the right amount of force. And it’s a brand new hammer, too.
- The bezel really fits and you aren’t in denial.
- You find a 2” x 6” sheet of 18-gauge silver you forgot you bought.
- No firescale.
- The ring fits the finger you made it for.
- No scratches.
- You put exactly the perfect size solder chip right where it needed to be.
- The eagle eyed cat looks right at the 3mm faceted stone you just dropped on the floor until you pick it up.
- The sawblade doesn’t break when you know it really should have.
- The phone call that results when your best friend e-mails you a photo of the piece she just finished at exactly the same time you were e-mailing her a piece you just finished.
So what makes you smile about what you do?
| Posted on January 05 2010