A Studio flood. Time to make the lemonade.
And although I could be really, really angry. And upset. Truly annoyed. Ticked off. And even discouraged. I'm TRYING to find the positive side in all of this. So I bring you... my Pollyanna moment. When life gives you lemons….yada yada yada….
- My studio is moving anyway. Therefore this is a step one in "get organized" process.
- I'm getting in extra workouts moving everything up and down the stairs.
- I found leftover retired aka "vintage" StudioJewel necklaces so we can have another Instagram sale!
- I got to clean the top of my bench!
- And my lamps.
- And my tools.
- And my chair.
- And my trays.
- Etc etc etc - there was a lot of cleaning.
- I found out I am more resilient than I used to be.
- I discovered helpful teenagers who will come late at night (even when they are already in bed) to help mom.
- I have a dedicated husband.
- I have wonderful friends who came and set up fans and dehumidifiers ASAP!
- I have a great church that cares about the space I am in.
- Hopefully, I have an understanding customers who will understand when their order is a day or two late. :)
- Jelly bellies taste really good when you're stressed out!
- There are no mice in my studio. Because mice can't swim.
- Neither can roaches.
- When your back hurts from moving stuff, you forget your neck already hurt!
- Most things will dry. Most.
- My house is NOT flooded.
- This is minor in the great scheme.
- Rain means spring is coming!
|here is the water still coming in.|
|anneke demonstrating the water level outside my door…thus the reason it's coming inside. hmmmm….|
|I had begun to pack up to move…that didn't really work in my favor. Dog bed = trashed.|
|ahhhh…the drying process….|
|the morning after…no aspirin needed….just fans and dehumidifiers and patience.|
| Posted on February 22 2014