Favorite thing - fight the curly hair frizz with my special hair cocktail!
What is up with all the humidity? I'm dying here! Did I mention we have no air conditioning, well, we have a few window units...but with THIS humidity...EVERYTHING is damp.
And my curly hair. Don't even get me started. It's like a constant battle. However, I'm fiercely competitive and determined to win.
In this type of moisture my curly hair has the tendency to absorb all the water from the air and turn into a ball of frizz. Not pretty. I've been battling this for most of my life.
But...based on how my hair looked today, in about 300% humidity. I do think I have won! Take that moisture!
As one of my stylists once told me, it's like I have a product party going on my hair. This for frizz, this for hold, this for curl, this for smooth. It's true. I'm a party girl. And a girl needs to do what a girl needs to do for her tresses.
Here's the current cocktail that seems to be working.
- Apply to damp hair: Organix Extra Strength Moroccan Argan Oil (I buy mine at Target...cheap!)
- Aquage Biomega Behave Smoothing Elixir- this stuff is the bomb. I used to buy it at my salon, but I have resorted to Amazon.com - it's actually good for my hair, gives it shine and manageability. Truly FAVORITE THING!
- Last step is for a bit of hold. Ouidad Tress Effects. Perfect hold. A bit of curl enhancer. Perfection. Ouidad products have been one of my secret weapons for years!
- If you want to do more of a blow out - or even just pull out your curl a bit with a flat iron to get the look in the photo below. Add in some Organix Moroccan Smooth Perfection Blow Out Cream - again Target.
- And finally...as my hair is air drying I will reapply the Oil - but my hair is really really really dry and needs it. See what works for you.
So I know it seems like a lot. But curly hair takes a bit of maintenance. And you trust me...right?
If you really want to go all out curly - I have a slightly different routine that adds in Miss. Jessies products. But you can click here to read my post on that!
Give it a shot...what do you have to lose? And then post your photos on my Facebook page! I want to see!
If you hate the product, send it to me. I'll buy your leftovers!
Here's to fighting humidity...for the win!
| Posted on July 10 2013