When FAILURE is not an option.
Do you ever have those days? Those days you wake up early already in a tizzy? Those days you wonder how you will get it all accomplished? Those days when you wonder why you do what you do at all? Those days when it just seems like all you do is spin your wheels for nothing?
OK, maybe it's just me. Maybe it's the perfectionist "glass-half-empty" girl that lives in my head. Maybe y'all think I'm ridiculous.
I have those days.
When I do, I have to remind myself that FAILURE is not an option. These moments are brought to you with a purpose. You can stand. You can sit. You can fall. You must take action.
Sometimes it's just a matter of a deep breath and a walk.
Sometimes you need to re-evaluate.
Sometimes it's creative resistance that is battling within you.
Sometimes you just need to take a break.
But it's a choice. It's all about choices isn't it? And the beauty is you get to chooseSo today...instead of failure...I am going to choose:
- F - fun. Unwind a bit. Let my hair down.
- A - attitude. Focus on the positive and move on.
- I - identify. What is the root of what I'm struggling with?
- L - learn. Try something new. A challenge always changes my focus.
- U - uniqueness. There is no one else like me. No one with my exact gifts and talents.
- R - relax. Be a little less hard on myself.
- E - encourage. Someone else. Take the focus OFF me and find someone to come alongside.
| Posted on July 27 2011