How to wear denim on denim - Fashion Tip Tuesday
Posted on April 23 2013
- Chambray is very popular for this spring and summer. Yes it looks good with khakis, but it pairs equally well with jeans. Just choose a lighter top with darker bottoms. Or if you don't mind drawing attention to your bottom half, switch it up.
- Mix your denim type or style. For example, choose a very fitted crisp chambray shirt and pair it with distressed jeans. The contrast in styles help you to pull it off!
- Vests. Jean vests are super hot and a great layering piece. When you put one on over a t-shirt or even a button down shirt, let the hem hang below the vest to break up your denims.
- Colored denim is PERFECT to mix with traditional blue. Since skinny jeans come in an array of colors. Pick a pair in bright, fun color - and yes colored jeans are acceptable at any age! Now chose a chambray shirt or a jean jacket to top them off.
- OR...black and blue denim together. Again, choose one more distressed and the other crisp. Viola!
- Printed denim. Again, big trend for this spring and summer. Choose a printed denim skirt and add a sleeveless light chambray shirt for a super chic look.
Easy everyday outfit. Basic Levi's jeans in a dark wash, Chambray shirt light, wide leather belt, gladiator sandals from Target, a pop of color scarf, and a leather wrap bracelet from LLD :)
For the weekend. Skinny jeans dark wash, plaid shirt, wide leather belt, tall boots, color in your handbag, and a distressed jean jacket in a lighter wash, don't forget your jewels from ME!If you have any ideas I'd love to know. Better yet, show me your latest and greatest denim pairing!