5 things you can do NOW to get ready for your holiday parties
It's that time of year. Parties. Sometimes fancy. Often casual. Possibly acting as hostess. Either way. You want to present yourself the best that you can without much effort…right?
1. Cuticles. Maybe you don't have time for a manicure. Maybe, as in my case, it's just not worth it. But nice cuticles cover a multitude of problems. My favorite product? Burt's Bees Cuticle Creme Cheap and easy. The creme people. Geesh. Just put it in on your counter. When you pass by massage a bit into your cuticles. It smells divine! Then…a week down the road…you might even - dare I say - push back those cuticles? Trust me. Your hands will look a million times better reaching for the cocktail wieners! 2. Water. Drink it. Lots of it. It is hands down the best thing for your skin. Dewy. Soft. Your heading into the kitchen anyway, make a deal with yourself. Put a glass on the counter and challenge yourself to guzzle down a glass every time you walk through. Yes, I know you will need to use the bathroom a lot. Totally worth it. One thing I have going for me? Good skin. I attribute 90% of that to the amount of water I drink. 5% to genetics. 5% to good product!
3. Skin. Ok, you got the water thing down. Now let's add in the moisturizer. Sure I'm a fan of all those fun scented lotions out there…but they don't do JACK! Expensive lotions? Highly overrated. Tried and true fav? Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. No lanolin. No paraben. No fragrance. It just moisturizers and seals it in. Dude. It works. And did I mention a jar lasts forever? That's just a bonus.
4. Hair. Now is the PERFECT time for an at home treatment for the tresses. I'll admit it sounds a bit like breakfast. But I like breakfast. However, I think I like breakfast because it usually involves bacon. And bacon and hair don't mix. Wait…eat bacon during the treatment. Problem solved. Oh right. The treatment. EGGS! Yep, eggs. Crack open as many as you need to coat your locks. Mix em up. And coat your DRY hair until it's a lovely eggy mess! Leave on for 15-20 minutes. Probably bending over a bath tub or kitchen sink unless you don't care about egg everywhere. Then rinse. With COLD water. Otherwise, you might cook the eggs. True story! If your hair is a bit more oily…use just the whites! Then shampoo and condition normally. This is the bomb for hair!
5. Fitness. Ok, I know you hate to exercise. I hear it all the time. But a little toning goes a long way. Agreed? Here are 3, maybe 4, very very simple things you can do that WILL make a difference.
|image from http://peacechild.org|
- when you get out of the shower do as many squats as you can before you moisturize and get dressed. Trust me. There is nothing more motivating than naked squats!
- sitting at your desk contract your abdominal muscles…tight…for 5-15 seconds. Release. Repeat. You'll remember me tomorrow when you feel the results. But keep going…every.day.
- ready to climb into bed? Drop down and plank for as long as you can. Elbows are totally acceptable. Tighten up and hold that baby. Then flop into bed. You earned it.
- feeling good about yourself on the floor? Flip over and crunch it baby. Don't pull on your neck. Slow it down. There you go! I'm so proud!!
There you go. Five ways to prep for the holiday season. Once you take all this time to really care about you, you will feel so much better about yourself. And really? That's the key to looking your best. You will exude a much better vibe. I know this from personal experience.
Now…about that dress for the party. I better start searching.
Let me know if you take me up on this pre holiday challenge. And of course, let me know if you have any questions or ideas of your own!
love you to pieces,
| Posted on November 18 2014