Best Chocolate Chip Cookies EVAH!
I've made these enough times now to be fully aware of just how awesome they are! I have also been asked repetitively for the recipe. So here you are!
**warning** these are incredibly addictive and fabulousINGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup of butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips ( I use white chocolate chips and LOVE them )
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375'
- Grease cookie sheets
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and coffee liqueur. (It will be VERY liquidy at this point...that's okay)
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt: stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the oats, chips and nuts.
- Roll tablespoons of dough into balls, and place them 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before eating!!
- I have made these and they have turned out very thin and crispy on the edges, and then very thick and tall. Not exactly sure why, but either way they are FAB-U-LOUS!
Enjoy - and let me know what you think!